What To Expect From Tree Removal Service | Dallas, TX
According to statistics, our planet is home to well over 3 trillion trees, and while trees are incredibly beautiful and useful to humans, when you have one growing on your property in Dallas, TX that is getting too big and starting to become a potential danger to your home, you may have no other choice than to call a tree removal service to have it removed. With this in mind, let’s take a dive into what tree removal entails, and we’re going to start with what it’s not.
Tree removal is not calling in some guy with a chainsaw to cut across the tree trunk and yell “TIMBER!!” right before the tree falls over. This scenario is probably fun in an open space without any nearby structures that could be damaged, but in a city, that isn’t even possible in a park, which is why a professional tree removal service is almost always required. Now that this point has been cleared, let’s take a look at what tree removal entails and what you can expect during the procedure.
What You Can Expect During the Removal of a Tree
To state the obvious, when you hire a tree removal service, the first expectation you will have is that a tree will be removed from your property. How that happens will depend on a variety of things, including the size of the tree itself, where it’s located, and how able it is to hold the extra weight. Even so, almost all trees are removed in a very similar manner, although some may require sophisticated tools and equipment, and others not so much. Let’s consider the following:
- Size of the tree – This is probably the most important factor to consider when the tree removal professionals are creating a plan on how the tree should be removed. The larger the tree, the more complicated it will be and will determine the exact procedure.
- Location of the tree – If the tree you want to remove is standing on its own in the middle of your yard without any structures nearby, the procedure your tree removal experts will follow will be much different from the one they use for a tree that is near power lines or is growing between two nearby buildings.
- Sturdiness of the tree – When dealing with a very large tree, it will be necessary for a crew of climbers to get to the top of it in order to cut it down, how they approach this task will depend on whether the tree can withstand their weight as they work. A tree that can’t hold them will require a different approach.
All in all, when it comes to tree removal, the process usually entails cutting the tree in sections, from the top to the bottom. If you have any questions as to how your tree removal service will perform the job, you can always ask them how they plan to do it.
The Methods Used By Tree Removal Services
Most trees will be removed with one of two possible methods. In the first one, if the tree is small enough, and there’s plenty of room to do so, it will be cut down in one piece. The trunk will be cut horizontally, making sure the cut will allow the tree to fall in the direction in which there is more space for it. Once it’s on the ground, the removal crew will chop it up.
The second method is almost always used for trees that are either too large or too close to any structures, buildings, and/or power lines, which could be severely damaged by a falling tree. In this case the tree is normally cut in sections from the top down. Most of the time, the largest branches will be removed individually with the help of ropes or cables, to prevent them from damaging any surrounding buildings or lines.
What Will Your Tree Removal Service Leave Behind?
When your tree removal service crew finishes cutting the tree, the only thing left behind where it once stood is a low stump that you can preserve as a part of your landscape, or choose to remove for an additional fee.
Aside from that, all the branches that were cut from the tree can be chopped into pieces to be used as firewood or placed in a wood chipper to be re-purposed in order to add a nice touch to your landscaping. Basically, the choice on what happens to the tree that was removed is all yours.
Preparing Yourself For Tree Removal
If you have scheduled tree removal coming up soon, there are several things you can do to prepare for the big day in order to make the process faster and easier for all those involved. Most of what you have to do to prepare is quite simple and you won’t have to make any further expenses, so you can just take note of what needs to be done and make sure you do it before the crew arrives at your house.
- Open up spaces for the crew’s vehicles. Talk to your neighbors and ask them to move their own vehicles away from the street if necessary.
- Make sure the crew has easy access to the location of the tree. This step includes ensuring any gates and doors are open to allow the crew members to go back and forth to their vehicles to get any tools they need.
- Move any furniture or decorations away from the tree. If necessary, put everything that could break in your garage to keep your stuff away from falling debris. This step also includes your pets.
Do You Need Expert Tree Removal Service?
When you are considering having a tree removed in Dallas, TX, your best bet is to leave it to the experts of S&P Tree Service. As the foremost tree removal service in the area, we will make sure you receive the service and value for the money that you deserve. So, if that tree standing in the middle of your yard is ready to go, pick up your phone and give us a call today!