When it comes to tree care…
When it comes to tree care, Tree Service, Irving some jobs are too big and too dangerous, or just need some professional expertise to keep the tree healthy. My rule of thumb: unless you can work with both feet on terra firma, then you should hire a professional Tree Trimming Service, Irving. Working at various heights requires proper training, tools, safety equipment and protection due to a number of risky variables such as electrical wires, wildlife, nearby fences, buildings or homes. Of course, hiring a tree service comes with its own set of risks unless you call SP Tree Service, Irving. To get your money’s worth and protect your asset and interests, you need to ask your tree care professional these important questions and make sure you understand and agree with their answers before you have them began work on your project.
- Will they provide an up-to-date certificate of insurance and a copy of their work contract or quote and any changes before they move forward? This should be your first and most important question. You want to ensure they are properly insured and that you will not be liable for damage, accidents or injuries.
- What are their credentials? Try to hire a Tree Removal Service, Irving company with a certified arborist, or one employing a Certified Tree Care Safety Professional (CTSP). Will they be working in proximity to electrical conductors? If so, they will need to be Approved Line-Clearance Arborists to ensure their safety and the safety of anyone or anything around them.
- Can they provide a list of references? Any quality company will be happy to share a list of satisfied customers. Ask for customers that they have done work for in the past month or so; maybe having done Tree Maintenance, Irving you don’t want ancient history and look for references that have had similar work or services done.
- Will they give you a detailed estimate? Get written estimates from the companies you may considering to do your job. Prices can vary so it is extremely important that the company you choose understands the scope of the job, which leads into the next question.
- How will the job be approached and what equipment will they use? You don’t want massive power equipment driving over your lawn and flowerbeds causing collateral damage unnecessarily. If they are going across your lawn, make sure they know the locations of sprinkler heads or other objects that may be damaged. If you are having a Stump Grinding Service, Irving where they will be digging in your yard, make sure they know where any underground services or sewer lines may be. This will avoid additional problems and costs. What is their policy if they damage something and is it acceptable to you? It may be a good idea to photograph the area before work begins so you have a record in case there is damage. Make sure you understand how they will clean up during and after the job.
- How long will the project take? This is why getting an estimate is handy. One company might say three days while another company says three hours, make sure that if any changes need to take place that they run them by you first. This will save you time and money down the road in add on costs or longer time frames to compete the work.
- Does the company appear professional? What does their company truck look like, is it well taken care of? Is the truck clean and in good shape? If they don’t take care of their equipment, do you think they will take care of your tree and property? Do they have a Emergency Tree Service, Irving website? Design and content can give you a sense of their professionalism and the scope of the business they do and the types of services they offer, as can the appearance of the vehicles they use on jobs. That can give you an idea of how they run their business.
- Do they use spikes to climb trees while pruning? Unless you’re a Tree Removal Service, Irving removing the trees, demand they not use spikes, which causes unhealthy wounds to the trees and can leave marks on the tree that will not go away any time soon. It’s important that the safest equipment be used to protect the worker and your trees.
- Do they advertise “topping” (removing live sections from the top of the tree)? This is another poor practice, particularly for large, healthy hardwood trees and would indicate that you should continue your search. It would be far better for you and your tree to hire a professional Tree Trimming Service, Irving to trim and prune your trees. It will help your trees live longer and have a much more healthy appearance. Ascetically pruning will look much better and as the tree is part of your home you want it to look as good as the rest of the house. Tree topping can give the tree a blunt look by just cutting branches off instead of taking a more artistic approach.
- Will the crew be using hardhats and other personal protective equipment while on your property? The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires that personal protective equipment be used for any tree care operation. A reputable Tree Service, Irving will require their workers to be protected. The last thing you want is someone being hurt while trimming your trees, so make sure that any company you hire adheres to all safety regulations ensuring the safety of their employees and your asset.
It’s important to protect yourself and your property by hiring professional Tree Maintenance, Irving for dangerous jobs, its safer for a professional to do it than for you to attempt to do it yourself. It’s equally important to protect yourself and your “tree investment” by asking these top ten important questions. For more information, including resources to help you find a tree care service, check your local paper, yellow pages or the internet, yelp is always a good bet too.